Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Knees and Honor

Claudio and I have an inside joke where he says, "YOU MUST SLAY HIM TO AVENGE OUR HONOR" in as many chat conversations as he can. Typically it fits in at slightly awkward times and just makes us both laugh. But today, it fit so beautifully, I can't help but tell everyone about it.

Background: Yellow took the Heartless Siren and I snowmobiling over President's Day... because neither of us had ever been. A good three hours of fun into it, there was a mishap involving me, a snowmobile, a hilltop, a jump, a fall, a stuck foot, a torn boot, and a strained Medial Collateral Ligament (aka the inside of my right knee). Once Yellow's dad (and me, for that matter) was convinced that I could use my leg, we started the hour drive back to the car. It wasn't too bad, except when the road was washboarding or when I would squeeze my knees in when turing a corner. Needless to say, I ended up on crutches that day, but have been rapidly healing ever since. Or rather, I healed rapidly to the point where I can walk without crutches, but then it plateaued. For the last several days my knee has been achy. It doesn't hurt with sharp pains every time I turn it or step on it slightly wrong... just sometimes when I turn it or step on it slightly wrong. I still can't rotate my foot all the way to the right, but it's so much better.

Anyway, so point is, Mom and Brother Sr. have both convinced me that I need to go see another doctor. (I informally saw a doctor the day it happened. Y'know, went to his house and he gave me a diagnosis.)

Enter prelim conversation with Claudio (with a cameo appearance by Humble Master):

Humble Master: I think there is a direct correlation to how excited a doctor is
to how concerned you should be.
Claudio: It's the truth!
Dragon Lady: heh... I'll keep that in mind tomorrow when I go see the doctor about my knee
Claudio: "Doctor jones, you've gotta come see this knee! And get Dr. Smith!"
Dragon Lady: shudder
Claudio: Dr. Smith enters: "DUDE!"
Dragon Lady: no! Not that!
Claudio: I'm sure it will be fine.
Dragon Lady: so long as I don't have Dr. Jones and Dr. Smith
Claudio: And so long as Dr. Smith isn't a surfer.
Dragon Lady: oh. Right. Or a surver wanna-be
Claudio: Either way.

Now to the point of this whole post... the conversation later that day:

Dragon Lady: (My doctor's name is Dr. Larsen. I think I'm good. I don't think he's a surfer)
Claudio: Larsen...that means he's a Swede.
Dragon Lady: oh no. I'm Norse
Claudio: Well, then, it will be a battle to the death.
Dragon Lady: curses
Claudio: And you have a bad knee already...
Dragon Lady: I'll play on the reddish hair and convince him I'm Irish
Claudio: I'd recommend putting small poisoned blades at the end of your crutches. Dragon Lady, don't wuss out.
Dragon Lady: With the small poisoned blades as a back up
Claudio: I'm Norse too, so if you need someone to help you with offering sacrifices to Odin before your great battle, I'm in.
Claudio: YOU MUST SLAY HIM TO AVENGE OUR HONOR.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Freaking rad.