Friday, July 11, 2008

No fear of implosion anytime soon

I had the following email exchange with a coworker. Heartless Siren declared yesterday that were this coworker to ever be straightforward, he would implode. I think this email conversation proves that.

  • Email 1: [Not sent to me] Information about an online training session at 11:00 this morning.
  • Email 2: [From Implode to me, forwarding Email 1] "If you have time this should be interesting. M and S will be unable to participate."
  • Email 3: [From me to Implode] "Sorry. I just barely got this email. I had to go get a new driver’s license this morning and didn’t get into work until 11:30. Hope the meeting went well!"
  • Email 4: [From Implode to me] "The meeting is at 1:44."

At this point I pull Heartless Siren over to read the emails to see if I missed something. She was as confused as I was.

  • Email 5: [From me to Implode] "… ummm… 1:44?  a) Who schedules a meeting for 1:44? b) Where did it ever say that in the email?"
  • Email 6: [From Implode to me]  "We all missed it."

Now... does 1:44 have some connotation for "we missed it"?  Are Heartless Siren and I the only clueless ones out here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, I read it twice and I'm confused. Really confused.