Friday, November 23, 2007

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Or how about a 500 GB hard drive for $79.99? Personally, I would be willing to stand in line for 2.5 hours at CompUSA, getting some good quality bonding time in with Brother. The people standing behind me for the first 15 minutes apparently decided that the wait was not worth it for seven 1 GB jump drives (or, in her words, "seven Gigabits"). This decision was probably wise. 10 minutes later, the guy in front of us decided that saving $8 on canned air wasn't worth the wait in line and he also gave up and left.

We made it through the TV section. We were tortured with a cartoon of instruments playing themselves while rolling over wooden planks. I saw part of Spiderman 3, which made little sense to me as there was no volume and I've never seen the movie. There was also bits of Transformers, but it was further away. And by the time we got to that set of TVs, the movie was over and we were instead favored with the DVD menu.

For a large portion of the later end of the line there were laptops lined along the wall. Several games of solitaire, some other game I had never played before, and checking my email later, we hit the gaming section. I helped someone try to figure out Guitar Hero, only to find out that the game itself wasn't working and she didn't actually need my help. Then I had an intelligent conversation about Guitar Hero for the Wii... which led to a conversation about the Wii. Apparently Brother has never played the Wii. This should be changed. Anyone got Golf on a Wii that we could play on?

And then, we finally made it out. So what did I do? I came home, plugged in the hard drive and have been sitting here for an hour simply so that I can see Time Machine start backing up my files. Which reminds me, that should be going now...

Wow... that's really quiet and in the background. I didn't even notice it starting. Even knowing it's going doesn't help. I would have had no idea. Go Mac...and LaCie. But alas, there are 710,524 items that it is backing up. Which totals 67.87 GB. I can't just sit here and wait for it to backup everything... cross your fingers for me!

To bed Miss Amy!

2 comments:

ahem. said...

Wow, was that a Little Women reference there at the end? Random! (It probably wasn't and now you think I'm crazy, huh?)

Dragon Lady said...

Of course that's the reference! Yay for you getting it! We made Laser Jock and Yellow watch Little Women this weekend so they could understand me when I said things like that. :)