Wednesday, December 19, 2007

humorous terror

I was reading Katria's blog the other day about not being updated on the tetanus vaccine. I was commenting out loud (as well as in print on her blog) on how I am also not updated on the vaccine. Last I got it, back in 1997 I think, I broke out in bumps all over my back, chest, neck and face. To my recollection, they didn't itch or anything; they were more of an annoyance than anything. But still, that many tiny bumps are rather disconcerting. We had differing opinions as to what happened. One doctor told me I was allergic to the vaccine. Another nurse told me that it was impossible to be allergic to the tetanus vaccine. (I think that woman is ridiculous... you can be allergic to anything!) Due to the debate, I have gone the rest of my life saying that I'm possibly allergic to the tetanus vaccine. No one has any idea what'll happen if I get the vaccine again. Perhaps nothing. Perhaps I'll die. Who knows? Instead, I don't get the vaccine. It's easier that way. But, when I went to Jerusalem, I carried antihistamines with me... just in case I stepped on a rusty nail and needed to get a tetanus shot.

Anyway, I was talking about this to Desdemona and Laser Jock. I think it was Laser Jock that said something about me getting lockjaw because of it. Oh my goodness! The thought is sooo sad!!! We all already know how I feel about that! What would I do!? Why is it that my one allergy could cause me to not speak? How ironic is this? And how incredibly funny, if you really stop to think about it. Despite the terror.

No comments: