Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Is this just another miscommunication we are having here?"

When my parents were first married, my dad told my mom that the only vegetable he preferred canned to frozen were green beans. My mom interpretted this to mean that he preferred everything except green beans frozen.

So, trying to be a good little wife, she started freezing all of her vegetables except green beans, which she canned.

One year, many years down the road, my mom's cousin got married. This cousin loved canned carrots. In fact, she loved them so much that my mom decided she would can a bunch for her as a wedding present. When the batch was done, Mom found one jar that didn't seal.

Well, she couldn't exactly give an unsealed jar, so she decided to eat it instead. Upon tasting the canned carrots, she realized that she really enjoyed them--much more so than the frozen carrots. She mentioned her liking of them to my dad at dinner, to which he replied, "Oh, I've always liked canned carrots better than frozen."

[rolls eyes]

So, for all those years, both of my parents preferred canned carrots to frozen, yet, due to a miscommunication, only ate carrots that had been stored in the freezer.

No comments: