Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Young and the Foolish, episode 01

I can't get away from soap opera* and drama. If it's not in my own life, it's manifest in the lives of my dear friends. For most of my dating life, I have defined my stories with the title As Dragon Lady's World Turns, Episode ##, filling in the ## with some large and random number. Recently, my personal soap opera has been discontinued and I have turned my free time to watching someone else's real life drama. Knowing many of the actors personally has made it a very new experience for me. I'm not used to seeing both sides of the story. It's caused me to seriously think about things in dating that I had never before considered. I saw relationships in a whole new light as I watched two people interpret the exact same event so differently. I also had insights into dating and marriage in general that really made me stop and think. I'm too tired tonight to explain more, but as I think of things that I think would be helpful for more people to think about while dating, I'll post again, with a subject similar to this.

No comments: