Thursday, August 23, 2007

"It never fails--take a bath and there's a rub at the lamp"

Why is it that I can go all week without a single phone call after 9 pm, then, the one night I decide to go to bed at 9 so that I can wake up early enough to shower, eat breakfast, and get ready before work--without feeling like a zombie--I get two phone calls after 9?

I do not blame either person for calling me--in fact, I was hoping for both phone calls. (Please forgive me, both of you, for either being groggy while talking, or simply silencing my phone. Please know that I was half asleep and can take no responsibility for my actions.) I am not trying to discourage people from calling me after nine. (It is very, very rare for me to be in bed that early.) Rather, I'm simply musing about the effect of Murphey's Law in my life.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Hey, this might have been me:)

Dragon Lady said...

Nope. You were the next night. Same story, though. :)