Saturday, March 29, 2008

Creepy moment of the day

The Heartless Siren was in our back living room this evening when she heard a knock on the window right by her face. Poor girl was scared to death. She looked up, afrightened, to see the silhouette of a person waving at her, but due to it being dark outside and the light on inside, she could not make out who it was. Upon further questioning, she guesses it may have been a girl. Then the suspect ran.

I thought this was strange and a little creepy. I don't like unknown people in my back yard. Good thing we lock our doors.

Later on, I was walking through the kitchen when I smelled the nastiness that has been plaguing our kitchen for days. I had been assuming it was the garbage can as the smell was coming from that general vicinity, but we had taken out the trash twice since the smell began. So, intent upon finding the source, I started sniffing around the kitchen. Finally my smeller landed upon two very disgusting looking onions. I promptly took them outside to the garbage can to rid our house of the awful stench. On my way back in I almost tripped over this:



We assume it was left by the nameless creepy person. We are not eating food left by an unknown creepy person. (Don't worry, Mom. I listened when you taught me not to eat food from strangers. (Well, except that one time when I was a kid and we were at the cemetery, and that one guy gave me a piece of gum. But all the kids were taking some. And he was so nice! And I'm sure that someone there knew who he was. But that's beside the point.)) If anyone knows anything about the origins of this unexpected gift, please, do tell. Also, I would like to know that the creepy person is actually someone I know and not, in fact, some unknown creepy person.

1 comment:

BJ Homer said...

I'd bet five bucks on it being Hobbes and/or Tangerine.