Thursday, March 13, 2008

An effigy to avenge

I've already discussed the history behind "SLAY HIM TO DEFEND OUR HONOR" so I shall skip that today. However, I did want to tell about the next time it (or rather, a slight variation) was used.

Yellow and Claudio are both Super Smash Brothers fans. Yellow, however, has more experience (he owns the game) and is thus, better. Claudio doesn't like this fact and has been very excited for the new version, Super Smash Brothers: Brawl to come out so that he and Yellow can challenge each other, and for the first time, be on equal footing. Yesterday, Yellow was on Gmail chat with the status: "Has played Super Smash Brothers." The following conversation ensued between Claudio and myself:

Claudio: I am outraged that he broke our gentlemans' agreement.
Dragon Lady: he didn't wait for you to play together?
Claudio: Indeed!
(I can't blame him. I'd have done the same thing.)
(still)
YOU MUST SLAY HIM TO AVENGE MY HONOR.
Dragon Lady: I....
I....
I don't know what to say to that
you want me to slay my friend
Claudio: HONOR!

I promptly went to my chat with Yellow and informed him of my dilemma. I didn't want to slay Yellow. He is my very good friend. However, this was HONOR! His suggestion? "Well, how's this. You can slay an effigy of me. Preferably a two-dimensional stick figure effigy to be slain my means of tearing the paper in half."

I suggested this to Claudio who first pondered the compromise, but then decided that since it was a first offense, it would suffice. While Claudio was pondering, The Heartless Siren and I had already found a yellow piece of paper and scissors. Heartless was in the middle of cutting out a paper doll when Claudio agreed to the terms. It was a good thing he did, because by that point, he really had no choice in the matter. Heartless and I were being crafty. (Laser Jock pointed out that in the situation, the word had a double meaning.)

The effigy Yellow didn't want to be slain, however, and was killed in many different ways before slaying was even possible. For you, my dear readers, we documented all of the different ways of death that Yellow's effigy died yesterday. Please enjoy the following selection of photos for your viewing pleasure.


This is Yellow's effigy, unscathed. Please note the Game Cube controller in his hand.

The effigy burning and also hanging. Apparently Yellow's effigy isn't as good at spelling. He lost an arm trying to spell "Brail" (which in and of itself is misspelled) instead of the obvious word, "Brawl."

Here we have the effigy drowning. Then we have him after he was pushed off a "roof."

Next he got run over and then eaten by a sea monster.

Here he gets stabbed with a letter opener (which is close to being slain). And also is being suffocated inside a Tupperware-ish container.

To follow the kitchen theme, he is being boiled alive. Next he's getting smothered by a pillow.

Here we found him pretending to be dead by laying inside a chalk outline. (I told you he wasn't as smart as the real Yellow. We can tell that chalk outline wasn't drawn for him.) At this point, I was exhausted so I took a nap. I woke up to find that I had squished him. I was very sad. (It's a tragedy I had to put on a paper bag. I had quite the incredible pout in this picture.)

After recovering from the smooshing, he got strangled. Then squished between two bowling balls.

He must have had it after that. He relinquished his Game Cube controller and all we found was this paper outline of him on the floor... a much more believable chalk outline.


Claudio, I believe I have avenged your HONOR.

2 comments:

Michele said...

What a way to pass a day! I believe I shall threaten my brothers with this method of avenging next time they are poised to do something of an evil nature.

Claudio said...

It's close...

that was quite the offense...

But I'm going to consider my honor avenged. The fact that you went to such lengths to do so means everything.

HONOR!