Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Autumn should be a gradual process

I thought I was excited for the season change. Yesterday I was thrilled to finally wear a sweater outside in the afternoon without dying of heat exhaustion. The I woke up this morning. Thermostat read 62 degrees for my house. My closet was probably 10 degrees colder than that. I realized I don't have any dressy jackets--only my dressy winter coat, so I'm wearing my BYU windbreaker today. I got out to my car to find frost on my windshield. I scraped my windshield for the first time in many, many months. It hit me that I'll probably have to do this every morning this winter, since I leave so stinkin' early. My boss suggested I put a canvas over my windshield, then I just have to pull it off, no frost, no snow. This is an idea. I'll have to look into buying a canvas. Basically, I'm not as convinced anymore that I'm ready for winter.

Today was a crazy bus day. We got to UVSC and the guy across the aisle from me got nauseous and made the bus driver pull over in the round about to let him off. Just before the driver started to pull off again, people started yelling that we had a runner. So the driver opened his door again to let another guy on. Finally, we were off again. Problem is, by pulling the bus over in the round about, he wasn't able to fully make the turn. So we ended up driving around UVSC and not getting onto the freeway until Orem. The two guys sitting across the aisle (the one being the runner) started talking and discovered they both had unusual names. The one was named Adrien (or whatever the male spelling is) and the other, Fred. Apparently Fred's wife has told him that his name isn't a person's name--it should be reserved for plants and dogs. Part of me wants to name my next plant Fred in his honor.

Once again, I struggled sleeping on the bus. I finally fell asleep, just to make it difficult to wake up come Salt Lake. Don't you worry, though, the cool, crisp air did a fabulous job of waking me up as I walked from the bus stop to my building. I think they may have the north entrance open again... I should check that out so I can go back to my old stop.

I'm excited to drink hot cocoa today. Chillylint, may I join you on your morning adventure?

1 comment:

Chillygator said...

I saw where I got confused. We have a thermostat that's inside but has a little thing that goes outside to tell us outside temp. I pictured that for your "62 degrees for my house".

Also, there aren't happy endings. It's very, very disappointing.

However, thanks for coming with me tonight! You rock. (o: