Monday, October 15, 2007

I don't understand girls who strive to be working women

I don't want to work anymore. At least not full time. I'm tired of being at a desk all day. I'm tired of trying to solve problems all day long. I'm tired of finding more problems in an attempt to solve one. It doesn't give me the same thrill that it used to. Perhaps it's the hour it takes to get here and the other hour it takes to go home. Perhaps it's that I'm by myself and not surrounded by friends who I can laugh and joke with. Perhaps I'm just worn out. Perhaps it's because I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I'm too tired to deal with life. I would just quit and apply at BYU, because I'm fairly certain they'd still hire me. I mean, why not give up my night and weekend life? What better things do I have to do? [groan] Ok, that was just a ridiculous thought.

It's not that I have anything against working. It's simply that I'm against having it take up so much of my life. I would rather be perfecting my homemaking skills, so that someday, a handsome prince will come by and will be smitten with my cooking and wicker basket on the counter, and can't help but sweep me away to his castle on his white horse. And how can I perfect those skills if I only have a few free hours a day? Especially when those hours are spent trying to magnify my calling? [sigh]

If it weren't for the fact that I need insurance and money to pay off school and car debts, I'd totally find a part time job in Provo... at a bookstore or something... and enjoy living life.

2 comments:

Aaron and Carissa said...

You are a breath of fresh air! I'm sitting in my office right now, waiting for an "emergency" patient to show up, except they got lost and are about an hour and a half late, and I just want to say that I really enjoy your blog, more than I've enjoyed your answers on The Board. Keep on truckin'!

bismark said...

you are more than welcome to practice and perfect your cooking skills on me. i am a willing victim. its for the good of mankind. for science.