Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why I want to get married...

... but not the only reason.

I want to be able to open the fridge and eat any food I so desire without having to ask permission. I want to rearrange my cupboards any way I choose. I want complete control over where things go and what populates my fridge and cupboards. (And by complete control, I mean my husband can also have control, but he must be forewarned, if he buys it and puts it in the kitchen, I have every right to eat it unless he has a very good reason and specifically asks me not to. Like, if he bought candy for his home teachees or something. I will do the same for him, of course.)

Is it a bad sign if my parenthetical aside (that was not scripted) is bigger than the rest of my post?

2 comments:

Bingham Co said...

Yes, you have freedom to put in and take out without permission, but remember with that freedom comes the freedom of getting to clean up everyday. Plus, with not sharing cupboard and fridge space, you don't have to share the rent anymore. You get to pay the whole thing. Not only that but you don't get to share the responsibilities of cleaning the kitchen, or the bathroom, living room, bedroom, laundry room, porch, yard, garbage duty. Plus, this is only the beginning. Next comes diaper duty, meal making (and deciding), bill paying, big life decision making, and the list goes on and on. Are you sure you want to get married?

With that said - remember that the benefits far out way the struggles and responsibilities. I could tell you about some of them but that might make you blush. If I had my choice (even with 5 rugrats under foot) I would not want to go back to going single again. That is how good the benefits are.

Nectar said...

I've heard that the more parenthetical asides you have, the more intelligent you are.