Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Facebook wins!

A most glorious thing has happened. Today, I opened up my Facebook account to see the typical bajillion invites to things that I'm never ever going to join. I was much grateful a few weeks ago to see that below "Accept" and "Ignore" there was a link that said something like, "Block all invites from this application." Sure, that's not going to solve the real problem, as there are a bajillion apps out there and people are going to keep adding them and inviting me. But I suppose every little bit helps, right?

Anyway, so I went to block all invites from whatever app was trying to get me to sign up and saw the most beautiful link ever, "Block all invites from this user." Oh my goodness. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful this is. I really do get a bajillion invites every time I open Facebook, but they're all from the same 4 or 5 people. Well, I am friends with them, so I didn't want to block them as a friend. But I didn't really feel like asking them to stop inviting me to everything, either. So I just kept clicking Ignore. And now, with one swift click, I can keep my invite section beautifully clean for the rest of eternity. (Actually, scratch that. I pray we don't have Facebook in the eternities.)

And believe me. If you start sending me invites in spam fashion, I will block you as well.... without even a second thought.

No comments: