Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Dating Game, 2

Dating is exhausting. Emotionally draining. To go on a simple date, there is much planning. There is disagreement on what would be a good date (something outside in the freezing cold? "isn't that why you go out in the cold with a date so that he can warm you up" or perhaps aerobics? "nothing strenghtens a romance like being in perfect step with each other throughout an entire aerobic workout video" ... commentary courtesy of Sister). There's the uncertainty of what the other person thinks. The period of time between first date and blissful courtship is awkward. It can be fun, don't get me wrong, but it's also tiring. I'd forgotten about that... it's been a long time since I've been there. (For which I am grateful.)

I was going to end this asking if I have the energy for this.... but then I realized that I'm simply incredibly tired and should just go to bed. Perhaps once I catch up on sleep, I'll be more enthusiastic about, once more, entering the dating game as a full-fledged player. For now I'm debating on if I shouldn't just stay on the sidelines for just a bit longer. Unless, of course, there is some handsome prince on a white steed that is willing to drag me out and fight battles for me. In that case, bring it on.

No comments: