Monday, January 14, 2008

A new friend

The Sleepless Hoosier is perhaps one of my new favorite people. He went with us to IKEA on Saturday and happily spent 4 hours shopping. By the end, he still had enough energy to spin a cart just to make me happy. He also was the muscles of the group and helped us load my car, unload my car, and put up my new shelves in my kitchen.

Today he kidnapped Katria's computer and was chatting with me. If you can't tell by the number of posts on here, I'm having a very open and honest day. I have no qualms about sharing my opinion on anything today. He decided to take advantage of it and started asking my opinion on many various topics. I had much fun. I thought I'd share these random opinions with y'all:

TSH: So, what is your opinion on Clinton?
DL: Don't like him
TSH: And Mitt
DL:
I like Mitt ... for no real reason. Just cuz I do
TSH: Hillary
DL: I don't like Hillary either.
TSH:What are your feelings about the ozone
DL: It's got holes, but I'm not gonna stop driving. Though, I'll probably take more care when I can.
TSH: Friends who date friends? ;)
DL: Do it. What good is meeting people and being friends when you can't date them? I think taboos are stupid. Though, it can lead to drama. So grow up and be mature. And have grown-up, mature friends
TSH: Soap cakes in urinals
DL: Excuse me? I have no opinions on urinals
TSH: Sadness
DL: Though, I do have a funny story
TSH: You always have funny stories
DL:We were camping for a family reunion. My dad's siblings. There was an outhouse. My dear, sweet, Aunt Cinnamon Roll went up to the outhouse and came back down. "That is the nicest outhouse I've ever been in! It even has a sink! You just have to bring your own water!" A few hours later, my mom went up there. She came back down, "Oh, Cinnamon Roll. I have to warn you. That's not a sink. That's a urinal. We can't let Choo Choo (really funny uncle) go up there. Aunt Donna went white. They looked up the hill, Uncle Choo Choo was coming down from the outhouse... "Oh Cinnamon Roll! That is just the cutest little sink! I even brought my own water!"
TSH: Oooooooo. That is awful. Whew. Well, how about...Big city living vs. smaller more bucolic towns
DL: Depends on my mood. Though, I think I'd rather live in a small town near a big city
TSH: Mmm. Agreed. I think. I've never really lived in a big city though... not really.
DL: This is the biggest city I've lived in. Well, besides Jerusalem, of course.
TSH: Right. Rock climbing opinions?
DL: So scary. Must go with someone who will be really patient with me. And not make fun of me, or even be annoyed at me, if I can't finish a wall. Someone I can really trust. And someone who will spend months talking me into it.
TSH: MFHD majors?
DL: I was once one
TSH: And?
DL: I think it's a wonderful major for someone going on to counseling or just wanting to learn more to become a better person... to be a better parent.
TSH: What about Asians who scuff around the BNSN holding top ramen cups?
DL: I spend little to no time in the BNSN. So... no opinion
TSH: (I think they are silly. One just scuffed by) Pop star sunglasses?
DL: From what I can recall from the checkout stand, they're too big. But I don't really follow Pop stars, either.
TSH: Historical Fiction?
DL: Love, love, love it. Though, must be read with caution. I think it's a great way to get people interested in certain historical events (that's how I got involved in the Ancient Near East major). But you must be careful that you don't believe the fiction part to be historical.
TSH: Yeah, I agree with the disclaimer on Historical fiction. Like The DaVinci Code. Yeah. Nuff said.
DL: Oh seriously. Can I just say one thing about the DaVinci code?
TSH: Ohhh okay. You may.
DL: The Dead Sea Scrolls say nothing about Jesus!!!!!!! The end.
TSH: Heh. never read them
DL: Well, if you ever do, keep that in mind
TSH: The European Union?
DL: No idea what the European Union is. Oh wait... changing to Euros?
TSH: No
DL: Then no idea
TSH: Wikipedia.org--my hero
DL: love Wikipedia. But right now is about current opinions. Not doing research to form opinions
TSH: Tucked-in t-shirts?
DL: Tucked in anything that isn't a sunday shirt on a guy.... ick

And then Katria needed her computer back. Thank you, The Sleepless Hoosier... for making my last few days so much fun.

1 comment:

Chillygator said...

However, let it be known, that this kid watched (and LIKED) the movie Tremors. He has to be some sort of random.