Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ice cream and Anne

Who knew that shopping and ice cream could have such an effect on making a day better?  But when you're daydreaming over things like soft ice cream makers and muffin tins, how could you not have fun?  The good mood was threatened by an old memory at one point, but another bite of a Grasshopper shake from Iceberg solved that.  Man that shake was good.  In fact, I ate so much ice cream that I couldn't finish my dinner.  I guess Mom was right when she threatened that sweets would ruin my dinner.  Who knew?  But I felt so much better after that shake.  Thank you, Iceberg for having delicious, ginormous shakes for the price of a bite of ice cream at Dairy Queen.

I fell asleep on the couch around 11, and finally made it to bed a little after midnight.  Then I decided to sleep until I woke up.  7 am was a cruel wake-up time.  So I went back to sleep.  I woke up a couple of times between then and 9:30, but I felt so rested that I didn't complain getting up then.  Besides, I have a lot to do before I go to France on Monday.  (On that note, I don't know if I'll have Internet, so if I slack on my blogging, I hope you'll forgive me.)

It's amazing what a good night sleep will do for a mood.  I am quite happy today.  Also, I'm feeling rather productive.  I've spent the morning thus far (all two hours of waking time) cropping/fixing some pictures, cleaning up dinner last night, cleaning the living room, weeding one flower bed (though the others need it a lot more, as does my garden) and deadheading the pansies in three other flower beds, and watering my garden.  Oh, and I watered all of my plants.  I really need to post about my plants.  I've taken pictures of all of them, for your viewing pleasure.  I just need to get pictures of my happy flower beds.

Comparing yesterday to today, I can't help but quote Miss Stacey from Anne of Green Gables, "Tomorrow is a fresh, new day...with no mistakes in it."  Thank goodness for all of the tomorrows of life.  The promise of them sure does help make rotten todays more bearable and give something to hope for.

No comments: