Thursday, May 08, 2008

Random and disconnected thoughts

It's entertaining when you're driving behind a really slow car and finally get around it, just to find that one of your former teachers is driving it.

Our kitties are spending their first full day outside today. I'm pretty sure Sonja is mad at me for this. Sir Guy and Drawly weren't sure what they thought either. It kind of breaks my heart for them. But it's a beautiful day. And we'll go out and play with them after work.

I found a place to move yesterday. I am much saddened to leave The Heartless Siren. And my baby kitties. But it's all for the best. Also, it's only a block or so away. It has already been decided that I will be back to do laundry and keep up my garden and feed Heartless yummy dinners. I will miss them, and I don't look forward to packing and moving. But I am excited about life after this.

I planted three flowers this morning while procrastinating going to work. They're called Cosmos and I grew them from seeds in my house, along with half of my garden. I've been wanting to plant these for ages. I decided this morning that planting three wouldn't take that much time. It didn't. Now I have 3 more that I need to decide what to do with. Anyone want to plant some flowers?


Tonight I plan on planting Morning Glory (the flowery happy stuff, not the overpowering weed), Forget-me-nots, peas, potatoes, carrots, radishes... and whatever else I decide is ready to plant.

I forgot my headphones out in my car today. This wouldn't be a problem except I also forgot my access card. So I can get out, but getting back in is a pain.

I made Hawaiian Chicken and a Caesar Salad last night. (With help, mind you.) All from scratch. Including the croutons and the caesar dressing. The dressing wasn't my favorite (anyone have a good recipe?), but the rest was fantastic. Also, I've decided I'm loving fresh garlic. The garlic press I bought is probably my favorite investment right now. I'm running out of garlic. I didn't think I would ever do that, since The Cold One left her enormous stash with me.

I was mad at my landlady for not cashing my rent check yet. I opened my check book last night and found the check still in there. Oops?

I need motivation to get to work on time. And more motivation to be highly productive while there. You know, don't blog and answer Board questions and the like. Any suggestions?

I'm supposed to be eating 5 servings of fruit and veggies per day for the next two months in order to get $25 off my insurance premium. I am consistently hitting 4 servings. I have yet to get 5. I'm thinking I'm about to the point where I shan't be able to accomplish this goal. I may just not do this challenge. This'll be good. Because then I don't have to worry about exercising 5 days per week for 30 mins per day for the next two months. I like this idea. But I'll keep eating fruits and veggies. Because I like them.

I bought a footlong Subway sandwich on my way to work today for lunch. (Because it's cheaper!) I'm not very hungry at all. This could be problematic.

Today is beautiful. Really, really beautiful. I am very happy today. :)

No comments: